When it comes to starting or growing you biz, sometimes, it’s the small things that really add up. We often focus on the GIANT subjects like, “find more clients”, “market myself” without really knowing what that means or how to make it happen.
It’s actually a bunch of little things, that when done consistently and added together, make biz magic happen.
So here it is folks, 50 Small Things That Make a Big Difference:
Need a recap? How about a tweet party!
- Thank people. A thank you for even the smallest thing goes a long way. (Tweet that!)
- Get your own domain name. Want to be taken seriously? Get your own domain name. (Tweet that!)
- Use a pro email signature. Don’t make it hard for people to snoop on you. (Tweet that!)
- Use a domain email. I won’t respond if your email ends with hotmail or aol. (Tweet that!)
- Use the same picture on all of your social media profiles. The more you’re recognized, the more you’re trusted. (Tweet that!)
- Get a newsletter and start collecting emails. You know what they say… the money’s in the list. (Tweet that!)
- Put your optin forms in multiple locations on your site. Don’t make me look for your optin form. (Tweet that!)
- Give something to your subscribers in exchange for their email. People like free stuff. (Tweet that!)
- Sign up for other people’s newsletters and learn somethin’. Learn from others by watching what they do. (Tweet that!)
- Get on Twitter. Twitter’s where the cool people hang out apparently. (Tweet that!)
- Get on Facebook (despite what people say about “reach”, it’s where most people hang out!) I believe in Facebook. And I’m ready for the backlash for saying that. (Tweet that!)
- Put a link to your optin freebie in your social media bios. Wow me from the start. (Tweet that!)
- Manage 2 social media accounts well, rather than 20 badly. I don’t do everything well, I choose to do some things great. (Tweet that!)
- Put your url in the visible section of your Facebook page. Don’t make me work harder than I have to, to find you online. (Tweet that!)
- Put a link to your Facebook page in the public “works at” section of your Facebook personal profile. Don’t make me google you. (Tweet that!)
- Update your LinkedIn page even if you don’t use it- it’s usually in the top results of a google search for your name. I don’t know why I should use LinkedIn, but if you find me there, I’ll have on my prettiest dress. (Tweet that!)
- Learn how to make good looking social media graphics. People share photos, help them do it easier. (Tweet that!)
- Get a Gravatar. Show your pretty face on my blog, get a gravatar! (Tweet that!)
- Listen to podcasts. Miss having coworkers? Listen to podcasts and pretend they’re right there with you. (Tweet that!)
- Know who the big guys & gals are in your industry. Follow them. It’s not stalking, it’s learning. (Tweet that!)
- Blog consistently. Whether everyday or once a month, be regular. Get your blog on. (Tweet that!)
- Be of service, always. (Tweet that!)
- Respond to people’s comments, with thought. Comments make people happy, thank them for it. (Tweet that!)
- Respond to people’s emails, fast. There’s nothing I like more than a quick response to an email. (Tweet that!)
- Do good work. (Tweet that!)
- Invest in tools that will make your life easier. Tools make my heart sing- the software kind that is. (Tweet that!)
- Track things you want to improve. It gives you more excuses to celebrate. (Tweet that!)
- Use your calendar. It’s not gonna happen unless you schedule it. (Tweet that!)
- Send thank you cards to past clients. Thank your customers, they deserve it! (Tweet that!)
- Use scheduling software. Nothing is worse than a never ending email exchange discussing time zones. (Tweet that!)
- Join or put together a mastermind. My mastermind buds are my new best friends. (Tweet that!)
- Hire a copywriter if you aren’t one. Words matter. (Tweet that!)
- Get pro photos taken. Selfies taken with a fancy camera are still selfies. (Tweet that!)
- Know your client, don’t try to speak to everyone. (Tweet that!)
- Continue sharing old blog posts on social media. If I haven’t seen it yet, it’s not old to me. (Tweet that!)
- Actually use your to do list. Sometimes I write easy things on my to-do list just for the satisfaction of checking them off. (Tweet that!)
- Offer a limited amount of services or products. Give people too many choices and they won’t choose any. (Tweet that!)
- Don’t put a million buttons on every page of your website. Clarity is key. (Tweet that!)
- Focus on results, not features. (Tweet that!)
- Say what you mean and do what you say. (Tweet that!)
- Follow up with past clients. They likely will need you again. (Tweet that!)
- Pimp people you want to connect with. Time to get a pink fedora! (Tweet that!)
- Pimp your clients. It’s good karma. (Tweet that!)
- Respond to people’s questions on social media. The more you answer, the more you receive. (Tweet that!)
- Under promise, over deliver. (Tweet that!)
- Ask people what they want, and give it to them. (Tweet that!)
- Thank people who refer clients to you. There’s no better business than a referral business. (Tweet that!)
- Track your expenses, they add up! I choose to celebrate the Paypal fees, it means I got paid. (Tweet that!)
- Put together a repeatable process you can use with every client. Need a process? This will help you: http://bit.ly/1lSLtjk (Tweet that!)
- Have fun. Because fun, is back in business. (Tweet that!)
Now, it’s your turn.
Let me know in the comments which one of these small things have made the biggest difference in your business- and which one are you going to work on next!
And if you’re ready to make some solid headway in your income this year, these tried & true strategies are my go to when I want to bring in the moolah. Grab my FREE “Get Clients Fast” RUSH checklist and start building a biz you love!
If you liked this video and list, please hit those share buttons below!
Until next week!