Freedom is Choice. And Choice is Freedom. Your life is only truly yours when YOU make the choices that shape it.
Because it turns out there is a magic bullet for having a thriving, profitable, Freedom-based freelancing success story.
But the magic bullet isn’t something out there.
It comes from you.
You get to claim it for yourself.
You get to create your special sauce.
You get to choose.
- Choose how you want to spend your days, your weeks, your life.
- Choose how long you want to work and on what days and at what time. Because your time is YOURS, after all.
- Choose to work on projects that inspire you, with the people that inspire you for the people that inspire you. Because you deserve to be inspired.
- Choose where in the world you want to live, and in what room or building or beach you want to call your office. Because this is your adventure.
- Choose how much you want to make and what you will (and won’t!) do to make it. Because this is your Freedom.
Freelance to Freedom is about defining what Freedom means to you and providing the tools you need to attain it. On YOUR terms.
So? What does Freedom mean to you?
Because there’s no right or wrong answer.
There’s only YOUR answer.
- Maybe freedom for you is financial? As in: the sexy-as-hell ability to not have to look at price tags – ever.
- Or travel? Because baby, maybe your bliss is packed up in a carry-on to anywhere.
- Or time? Money for dollars with a boss breathing down your neck from 9-5? No thank you.
Whatever Freedom means to you, I know that being your own boss is the very best way to get it.
Whether you are just starting out, freelancing on the side while slaving away at your day job, or you’ve been at it for a while, you are likely feeling (or have felt) one (or many) of these things:
- Worried where next month’s income will come from. Like, All. The. Time.
- Scared-as-shit that you will never have the “security” in your freelance career that you have working for someone else.
- Tired of working 80 hours a week trading your precious minutes for dolla-dolla bills, but feel like every “passive income” idea is already so played out.
- Worried people can see that you’re not really an expert or don’t have the skills to “make it big”. (Yeah. Been there.)
- Wondering if you will ever have a steady stream of clients or consistent flow of income. (How DO people do that?!)
- Stuck on the neverending hamster wheel of analysis paralysis, while constantly comparing yourself with others until you just want to curl up in a ball of self-doubt and fear.
The Freelance To Freedom Project is a community and a resource designed to help you get past these fears and grow your freelance business beyond what you thought was possible so you can find YOUR freedom and live life on your own terms.
It’s exploration and discovery of what’s possible and strategies for how to get there. It’s inspiration. It’s camaraderie. It’s a place to dream and plan. To name what you’re really good at, to decide what you really want to do, and figure out exactly how to create it.
But most importantly, it’s a community.
A community of amazing people, who want more out of life and business, just like you.
Let’s get you from ‘I’m making money as a freelancer’ to ‘I have all the freedom I WANT as a freelancer’.
You can have the life you always set out to have. And we can do it together.
Hi. I’m Leah
Web designer, popcorn lover, founder of the Freelance To Freedom Project.
In 2013 my corporate job was making me feel bored, unmotivated and unfulfilled. Spending hours as a “allocations coordinator” (yeah, one of those corporate titles that only the person holding it really knows what it means), slaving over numbers in excel spreadsheets that no one would ever really read.
Showing up from 9-5 doing busywork to pass the time while “contributing” to someone else’s bottom line.
I was miserable. But I had spent four expensive years of my life studying to do just this, and several years after that trying to get someone to hire and pay me to do it.
Until one day someone asked me, “When you look at your career path, can you honestly look at your boss and say, ‘I want to be in her place some day?’”
My answer: A resounding and very resolute: NO.
In fact… Hell no. God no.
So what was I doing in this job if the only place I could go with it, was somewhere I didn’t want to be?
I knew then that I had to work for myself.
So I spent months learning new skills (web design), learning to sell and market myself, and getting my first clients on nights and weekends. I built my side-hustle up until it could sustain me.
Then I chose a quit date.
And on that date, I left.
Within 3 months I surpassed my corporate income.
Within the first year I tripled it.
Would this kind of income have been possible through getting a raise or finding a “better” job? No way.
Did I need a 4-year degree, years of experience or a Super Brain to start a freelance business and grow it fast? Nope.
Did I need to already be well-known online, have a ton of connections or a famous mentor willing to tweet about me? Nope.
Would this kind of freedom have been possible following someone else’s plan to someone else’s goals? No sir.
Allow me to repeat that: No. No way in hell.
None of this would have been possible for me had I just kept on following the ‘rules’.
Instead, I learned a new skill, I learned how to market that skill, and now I have the freedom to choose how to spend my time, who I want to work with, where I want to work, and how much money I want to make.
I am now in control of every aspect of my financial life.
I invested in myself and it continues to pay off every day. I committed every minute to a plan and followed through like a mad woman.
That’s the magic bullet of my success.
And I can help you get there too.
Because I don’t want you to hate your job.
Or worry about where next month’s income will come from.
Or undervalue yourself or the services you provide to clients.
I don’t want you to take on one more “red flag” client. Ever.
No more hustling into overwhelm.
And I don’t want you to try to go at it alone.
You can have a profitable freelance business, shaped by your version of Freedom.
And we can do it together.
Sign up for the Freelancer’s Toolkit (where you also get to hang out in our private community) to get started:
+ get the FREE Freelancer’s Toolkit including:
✓ From Last Corporate Day to a Month of 5k
✓ How to Get to Steady
✓ 4 Steps to your First (or next!) Passive Income Stream Workbook
✓ Daily tips, advice & inspiration straight to your inbox
Get the free toolkit!